Mole or melanoma?
Here are some aesthetics news updates for August. Learn the A, B, C’s of how to identify an unhealthy mole. Healthy moles are usually small, with a well-defined border, and either oval or circular. Troublesome moles tend to have one or more of the A, B, C, D, E characteristics:
- Asymmetry (one half is unlike the other)
- Border (irregular, scalloped, undefined)
- Color (varies, often shades of tan, black, brown; sometimes white, red, or blue)
- Diameter (usually, larger than a pencil eraser)
- Evolving (changes color, shape, size)